Move Mee is unlocking the future of mobility with a unique phone-as-a-key solution. Set up by successful entrepreneurs from the worlds of car rental, car sharing and digital marketplaces, Move Mee has partnered with some of the biggest names in travel and automotive supply to transform the way people get around. With £1m in seed funding we’re now looking to expand our team and take the minimum viable product to the most valuable app.
We’re looking for a bright, motivated and proven native Android developer to help lead and shape the future of our apps. You’ll be quick, accurate and have an intuitive understanding for user experience; you’ll be contributing to the biggest leap forward in mobility for a generation.
You will be joining a motivated team to work collaboratively in the further development of our main Move Mee app, to develop white labelled versions of our apps and create a distributable library to embed our app and service into 3rd party apps.
What you will be doing
- Creative thinking & abstract, technical problem solving
- Develop new features and ideas with other developers and creatives in the business
- Architecting and creating these features to incorporate them into our applications for both phones and tablets
- Estimating development tasks, testing, QA processes, pair programming
- Troubleshooting & code debugging
- Work with the creative team to ensure that the UI and UX is of the best standard & meets accessibility guidelines
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure knowledge share and code quality
- Reporting back to other team leads to ensure company consensus on decisions
- Managing, testing & roll out of new versions of apps
- Ability to writing world class code
- Maintaining and developing any features needed on the main app.
- 3+ years of experience within native Android application development
- Kotlin experience
- Proven experience integrating web services (REST, JSON, XML)
- Expert knowledge of Source Control tools such as GIT
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Portfolio of android applications visible on Google Play
- Keen to learn new technologies, tools and platforms
- Playstore procedures
- Full time role but would consider contract for the right candidate
Nice to haves:
- Native iOS development experience
- Continuous Integration
- TDD experience
- Experience scaling an app for enterprise solutions
- Experience in creating, distributing and supporting Android libraries
- Experience in recording and reporting app usage, errors and crashes
- Mentoring other developers and helping them to improve their skills and knowledge
- Experience with client side web technologies e.g. HTML, CSS, VueJS
- Brand New Mac Book Pro - you get to open the lovely packaging!
- The necessary screen and USB adapters for the above
- You can work from home, but will be expected to make an office visit at least once or twice a week
- Flexible working hours considered, but you will need to be available for a daily morning stand up call
- Contract considered for the right person
- 28 days holiday (incl. public holidays) + your birthday off
- Pension contribution
- Yearly training budget is available for conferences and courses
- Salary is negotiable and will depend on your experience and skills
First stage interview is a telephone chat so that you can learn more.
Please email email@example.com